Innovation. Experience. Integrity.
Darryl Tom is experienced in all areas of public finance and tax-exempt bond practice, and has served as co-bond counsel, issuer's counsel, and underwriters counsel on municipal finance transactions having represented the State of Illinois, the City of Chicago, the Chicago Board of Education, the Chicago Park District, and the Chicago Transit Authority.
Mr. Tom is also experienced in commercial litigation; specifically, in the areas of product liability, consumer fraud, insurance fraud, corporate transactional disputes, marine/surface transportation litigation, construction litigation, and subrogation. He has managed a variety of cases from inception through discovery, to trial and appeal.
Mr. Tom received his Juris Doctor from Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, in 1995 and a Bachelor of Arts in economics from Cornell University in 1992.
Mr. Tom is licensed to practice law in Illinois and is also admitted to the Trial Bar of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Mr. Tom was named a 2009 Business Leader of Color by Chicago United and was also a Leadership Greater Chicago fellow from 1999-2000. He is past president of the Chinese American Bar Association, and has been heavily involved in the local Asian community. He serves as director of the Asian American Alliance, director of the Chinatown Chamber of Commerce, vice president and director of the Chinese American Service League, and past executive vice-president of the Organization of Chinese Americans Chicago Chapter. Mr. Tom is also a board member of the Erie Family Health Center.
- Commercial Litigation
- Public Finance
- Illinois, 1996
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois Trial Bar
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel
- Greater Chicago fellow in 1999-2000
- Business Leaders of Color Award from Chicago United
- Board Member of Erie Family Health Center
- Board Member of the Lynn Sage Foundation
- Former Board Member of the Chinese American Service League
- Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1995
- Cornell University
- B.A. - 1992
- Major: Economics
- Chinese American Bar Association, Advisory Board and Past President and Board Member
- Chicago Chinatown Chamber of Commerce, Past President and Board Member
- Burris, Wright, Slaughter & Tom, LLC., Partner